Friday, February 22, 2008

It's finally here!

Lacrosse season has begun. Unfortunately, here in DC the weather has not cooperated and my alma mater cannot make the trek from New England down to "Charm City". I can't wait to start watching the greatest sport this spring. In early March we have the Face-Off classic at Ravens stadium and it's Syracuse vs. UVA and Hopkins vs. Princeton. Last year the right teams won (Hopkins in a thriller in OT, and UVA which crushed Syracuse, yeee haw!) and I'm hoping that the same will occur this year, though Princeton has a great goalie this year and Hopkins is shaky in goal.

I truly enjoy lacrosse above all other sports, having played the sport for four years in college and a little in high school it is near and dear to my heart. Baseball was my first love and I'll always follow the sport, but it pales in comparison to my almost rabid devotion to a sport that is more entertaining than any other around. Football is an institution here in the US of A (I wrote some thoughts about that earlier), but it isn't a very, well, accessible sport as is lacrosse.

I can't wait to get my lacrosse fix satiated, come on inside and be one of us, you won't regret it and your wife will respect you in the morning.

No comments: