Monday, December 10, 2007

Some folks are just, well, haters

Well, it's another Monday and the Patriots are 13-0, undefeated in other words. They have played stunning football at times and pedestrian at other times. Yet, they are unbeaten. Listening here in DC, the Junkies are trying to speculate who could beat the Patriots. Strange how folks seem to think that the Patriots can be beaten by "scoring a lot of points." There is only two ways the Patriots are beatable - turnovers and injuries. The Ravens game was the closest to a loss that came out a win since Nebraska came back to beat Missouri back in the late 90's.

In watching the Patriots yesterday I was struck by the sheer brilliance that the Patriots have on offense in the passing game. Having four athletic receivers and solid tight ends who can catch (for the most part, Watson seems to cough up some easy ones) and then having Faulk run a hitch/screen out of the backfield makes defenses weary.

I was fortunate that I was able to watch the game since it was my youngest son's 4th birthday but I also had some evacuation situations to handle to I was downstairs in and out of the bathroom while my in-laws/wife/friends/kids were upstairs making a racket. It was great to watch that trick play, double lateral, and burn that big mouth safety from Pittsburgh.

No comments: